Friday, June 1, 2018

June 1, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. The Men In the House.

For two days in a row, our house had men wandering our bedroom and bathroom installing the new air conditioning system. For three mornings I had trouble dressing. They arrived early while I was still in my robe and nightshirt and so I was stuck. I could have taken clothes and dressed in the powder room but the chairs in our closet had moved so I was unable to access my drawers. For two days I wore the same clothes, which was my night shirt and robe. They must think I always wear my robe at home. I had my nap while they were coming and going, ignoring me the whole time. I wanted to go for a walk so yesterday I brought clothes into the bedroom to dress, with my back to the door. The workmen were either in the attic or outside, so I felt that I was safe to dress. But I was wrong. While I was trying to get on my underwear a man walked into the bedroom and walked into the bathroom and then up the ladder to the attic. I assumed he had not seen me because he said not a word. I had been careful to put on underpants and jeans but just at the time when my robe and nightshirt was removed, the footsteps came. I ignored him and kept on dressing. Of course, when you try to rush is when you slow down. I did laugh. Getting dressed in my home has been difficult. The first day I washed my face and brushed my teeth while they were busily working. I knew they had to come today to clean up and install a vent cover but I made sure to shower immediately upon awaking, but sure enough, the man came. Fortunately, Kendria told them I was in the shower so they left. Unfortunately they have not returned to complete the task. But at least I was able to shower. Having men wandering in and out of your bedroom and bath and closet makes life difficult. But we are done now, except for one small task. And a good thing too. I do not wish to wear my robe every day all day.

No comments: