Monday, June 18, 2018

June 18, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. A Busy Day.

My scans were to be done at 7:30 so Lakita came to pick me up at 6:45. I call her Ki. She has been driving me to my appointments. She is an ambitious young lady. In addition to working as a helper, she also works part time at Target. And she has one children and one husband. She wants to go back to school. So we talk while she drives. I would like to have never have another scan. If I ever get to be ninety, I am going to refuse to have them done. I have had so many scans that I have become an expert. But I still do not like them. First they put in an iv in my arm. Then they inject the dye into my veins. Next I drink a whole bottle of some fancy water. For an hour I snooze. The scan itself takes just over 20 minutes. Next I must have blood drawn in the lab before hurrying home because Ken has his physical therapy clinic at 10:30. Fortunately, our timing was perfect. Ki and I arrived home just as Ken, with Kendria to drive him was ready to leave just before 10:00. Both helpers drive our own car. While they were gone, I arranged to buy a new sofa and love seat from Shelburne Furniture. My friend Mary had looked at the ones I had chatted with Brenda about. She is the same lady who helped us when we furnished the Guest House. They must order the set, to be ready in 3 or 4 weeks. They will deliver and remove our old squishy couch, purchased in 1999. After lunch and a nap, Kendria dropped me at the grocery store. When I was finished she picked me up. We never leave Ken by himself for long but she assured me that I needed to go to the grocery store. And when we came home, she brought all the bags in and helped me put everything away, which was a big help. So I had a busy, productive day. Now we would like to hear what the scans will be saying.

No comments: