Saturday, June 23, 2018

June 23, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. The Manship.

A few weeks ago, while walking in my neighborhood, I spotted a catering van, reading Manship Catering. Obviously, one of the folks were having a party, and Manship Catering was there to work. I had seen the name on a lost of caterers given to me by Ken but that is all I knew about them. Ken has therapy at 10:30 and at 1:30 he had an appointment at the eye doctor so we needed to have lunch in-between. The day before, I had spotted a restaurant just driving away from my own appointment and the words said Manship Restaurant. The next day, we parked the car just outside the eye appointment office, and without even leaving the building, we entered the Manship Restaurant. Talk about luck. The restaurant was wonderful with linen tablecloths and napkins and genteel ambiance. Fortunately their executive chef is excellent and the food was unusual and tasty. Our timing was perfect. I just stumbled on the restaurant. It is in the same building as my eye doctor and the same restaurant I had spotted during my walk. We have enjoyed lunch there twice. It turns out to be one of the best restaurants in Jackson. Unfortunately, it is not open on Sunday so we can not go there for lunch with the family. And we do not dine out at night. But their lunch menu has plenty of variety and is inexpensive. We will go there again. Sometimes, we just get lucky.

No comments: