Monday, June 25, 2018

June 25, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Some Days.

This morning was enough to make me humble. First thing I did was to make my tea and prepare my breakfast. When I sat down expecting to enjoy a sip of tea, I realized that I was about to drink hot milk. I had forgotten to put a little pod of tea into the machine. This one cup coffee maker works well but you must do things in exactly the correct order or the machine will not work. Now I know the drill but today I forgot to get the tea pod. After breakfast while I was waiting to leave with Ken for his therapy, I emptied the dishwasher. My habit is to set all the clean dishes on the counter, then place the dishes in the cabinets. And I dump the clean cutlery onto the counter too. Fortunately, I noticed a dirty spoon. Then I realized that all the dishes were dirty because I did not run the machine last night. It was not full so I intended to wait until after breakfast. Now I got to load the dishwasher for a second time. Fortunately, no dishes or cutlery had been put into the cupboards or drawers. But I felt stupid. When Ken is having therapy I take a walk. If the day is hot, I walk the halls of the building, which was what I did today, as the temperature was 95. I walk about 30 minutes. In the middle of my walk, I stopped into a rest room. While sitting on the toilet, I picked up the only roll of toilet paper, which was sitting on the top of the holder. There was no paper in the proper holder. As I picked up the roll, I dropped it. The stupid thing rolled right across the room and was in the opposite corner. I had left my purse with Kendria so no Kleenex was available. Fortunately, I had carefully tucked a Kleenex into the top of my jeans. Whew. For the rest of the day I was careful to make no decisions because clearly I was not capable today. Some days are like that. It all works together to keep me humble.

No comments: