Saturday, June 2, 2018

June 2, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Swimming.

The afternoon heat was oppressive so instead of going for a walk I headed to the swimming pool. My swim was delightful. The last time I was swimming in a pool was when we lived at the condo just down the street, but since we moved into this subdivision in 2015, I had not yet visited our swimming pools. The reason is probably because we have never been here in hot weather. Yesterday at 4:00 the temperature was 93 degrees, perfect for swimming. Just a month ago my neighbor told me that the subdivision actually maintained two pool, one beside the club house and tennis courts and one closer to our home. The main pool is fancy and free form with hot tubs and bathroom facilities with many tables and chairs and club house and exercise room. The one close to us is a plain rectangle, with a few chairs and tables on the deck. The facility is perfect for me because the pool is deep. I broke a swimming rule. I went swimming alone. Not a soul was there so I enjoyed my solitude. The pool is private and shaded and well maintained. No bugs or leaves were in the pool so I did my exercises in the deep water and enjoyed myself. The pool is not big but big enough for me. I loved every minute I have been swimming all my life but now I have issues. My eyes cause problems when I put my head under water so I don't do it. And I discovered that my right hip joint hurts when I swim breast stroke. Interesting. Last summer at the cottage I did not swim. I was fearful of not being able to get out of the water, so I have not been swimming for a long time. But yesterday it was perfect with hot weather and full sunshine and the pool by myself. I will swim tomorrow too but hope other folks are there too. Swimming alone is breaking the rules.

No comments: