Tuesday, June 5, 2018

June 5, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. After The Rain.

I started to take a walk but as I walked across the room, Kendria called to say that she thought there was a storm coming. As I left out the front door, it was obvious. This was no time to take a walk. Winds were blowing hard and leaves were turning over, so being pragmatic, I turned around and came back into the house. Within two minutes the rains came. In the distance I could hear thunder. My timing was perfect. The weather forecast here in Jackson is mostly accurate so I looked up the weather and sure enough, the rains were to stop and by six o'clock, the temperature would be 78 and cloudy, which would be perfect for walking. We have had several days of hot dry weather so when I went walking after the storm the foliage looked sparkling. I walk along the same road every time. Today I saw blossoms blooming which were not there earlier in the week. All the grasses glistened and I spotted several birds taking a bath in the puddles on the side of the road. My walk after a heavy rain was delightful. I was not aware until now how beautiful the world seems after a rain. Now I know for the future. I also learned to check the weather forecast before leaving for a walk. The storm and the rains came up quickly so had I left 20 minutes earlier I would have been caught in the rain and heavy wind. Our area is loaded with big trees and bushes so walking in heavy wind is dangerous. I got lucky today.

No comments: