Saturday, June 30, 2018

June 30, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. A Perfect Swim.

The day was hot. 95 degrees in the shade. I waited until late afternoon to go to the pool. Even then, it was too hot to walk comfortably. But on the way, I passed a group of men just loading machines onto trucks. They had spent the whole day taking down a tree at the house across the street, so as I was complaining to myself about the short distance to the pool, they had been working outside in the heat all day. I commented to them about working in the heat but they just laughed and said that actually working close to the reservoir means a breeze all day. Amazing what you get used to doing. No one was at the pool which is my normal. I have my own private pool except I do not maintain it. Half the pool was shaded. Getting into the water was delightful which was just cool enough to be comfortable and refreshing but not so cool that you get chilly after 30 minutes. I loved it. The sun was hot as was the air but the water made me feel delighted. Everything was perfect about that swim.

No comments: