Tuesday, August 13, 2019

August 13, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. New Microwave.

On Friday Dave and Irene bought me a new microwave for the kitchen of the main house. Last year there were problems with the old one but I was not quick to replace the defective one because it worked most of the time. Finally, tDave and Irene offered to buy a new one. I assured them that it was not necessary but on Wednesday, the day they arrived, the microwave stopped working. I had blown it up by heating a big bowl of mashed potatoes. I was forced to heat the pork roast in the oven. I finally had to admit that I needed a new microwave, so the bought one for the house on Saturday, which I appreciated. Two of George's workers came to install it this afternoon. It matches my new refrigerator, which is stainless. The kitchen looks fancy. In addition, no one has ever had any faith in the stove. The oven is slow to heat up and does not stay at the right temperature. The top elements work fine but the top is white so difficult to keep clean. This morning I bought a new stainless stove, which will be delivered tomorrow. The dishwasher is one I have always hated. 20 dinner plates will not fit into the dishwasher and the top shelf can not be changed for long stem glasses. It is 15 years old so I talked myself into buying a new dishwasher too, also in stainless. Mal convinced me that with all appliances new the same year, I should not need to have anything breakdown during my life time. So tomorrow, the dishwasher and stove will be delivered and installed. My kitchen will look great and we will no longer stress about the oven or the microwave when preparing dinner. Now the only issue will be my bank account.

No comments: