Monday, August 5, 2019

August 5, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Dinner at The White Point.

The best place to eat at White Point is in the lounge. The windows are big so if you are lucky you can sit at one of the six tables looking out to the sea, the beach and the rocks. And there are lots of other tables just behind the window tables. When I have lunch at White Point I always go either early or late so I can sit at one of the tables at the window in the lounge. So far I have always been in luck. Mary and Cliff and I went to White Point for dinner. They picked me up at 6. When we arrived, all the choice tables were full so we decided to eat in the main dining room, named the Elliot Room, We asked for a table by the window. But for some reason, the windows in the dining room are smaller than in the lounge so the view is not nearly as good. And our table was round and pulled away from the window to accommodate the fourth person. I was disappointed with our table. But the food was excellent. This was the first time I had eaten dinner at White Point this season so I was pleased with the menu. My scallops were delicious and Mary and Cliff ordered the two curry dishes on the menu and they split them. The service also was excellent and we enjoyed our dinner. For some reason, the dining room is noisy. Two tables with children were close by. I wished we had selected a table in the lounge, even though we would not have been by the window. One of the pleasure of living in Nova Scotia is that the twilight lasts a long time. When they drove me home at 9:15 it was still light. Our evening was delightful at White Point. I am so pleased White Point Resort is in business here on the South Shore.

No comments: