Monday, August 19, 2019

August 19, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Empty House.

Once again, the old house is empty except for me. Pat and Mal have returned to Ontario. Dave and Irene will be here for another 9 days but they live in the Guest House. We have lunch and dinner together but the rest of the time the house is quiet. Now I must get used to living alone again. And I must muster up all the positives of living alone. But not yet. I am still in the midst of missing Pat and Mal. They were both helpful to me while they were here for the 13 days. Pat assisted with the kitchen and the dining while Mal went around fixing everything he could find. He is a helpful fellow. And they are both welcome guests, which is why we have invited them here year after year. But now they are gone and my old house is empty. This is OK but it certainly is different.

No comments: