Wednesday, August 28, 2019

August 28, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Details, Details.

Just when you think every possible detail has been dealt with when someone dies, more things need to be added to the list. This week in Nova Scotia a replacement card was sent in the mail. I noted a card for Ken so I called to have his name removed from the account. Not so easy they said. Ken was the primary account holder so I must open my own charge card. And it could not be done over the phone. Also in the middle of the night I realized that we had never notified Canada Pension of Ken's death. We both receive $100.a month so all this year we have been receiving his pension into our account. Now I must inform them and pay them back the money. But I foolishly did not bring a death certificate so David e mailed a copy. I can now proceed. On Monday I met with the bank, BOM, to apply for a new credit card. They needed my Canadian passport and a death certificate. This Friday I go back again with the two items to complete the application and to contact the pension folks. After I receive my new card with the new number, I must contact the vendors for the automatic payments for utilities. I hope this can all be done before I leave on the 30th of September. I thought that all details had been looked after. But I was wrong. Now I wonder what else will come down the pike that I have forgotten. Life is complicated even with a wonderful son who has helped with most of the details. I am a lucky lady.

No comments: