Tuesday, August 6, 2019

August 6, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Leftovers.

Fortunately, I love eating left overs. Since Ruth left last Tuesday, I have been working away at eating the food left over from the caterers food he left for us. First I ate the risotto with shrimp and lobster. I served myself at three different times before it was gone. Next I alternated the two left over dishes: beef and vegetables served with rice and meat loaf, potatoes and beans. Three meals from each leftover dish. Last evening I ate the last of the food which was perfect timing because Stewart was to deliver dinner for Pat and Mal and me this afternoon. At noon today I ate a sandwich of cold turkey which was the first meal I have not eaten leftovers from the week when Ruth R. was here. Today I ate the last of the nanimo bars. Ruth had been doling out the bars each day for the both of us but I was left with almost half the container. They are delicious. But they have lots of chocolate so I must not eat them at dinner. But at noon Ruth doled us both four little squares each so I did the same after she left. I should have put them back in the freezer for a later day. My fridge is now empty of leftover food. But it will soon fill up again with more delicious food. I hope we do a better job of eating the food the first time. But I was lucky that I was well fed when I was by myself. Fortunately, company is coming today and tomorrow when I will no longer eat leftover food. But those leftovers served me well.

No comments: