Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 31, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Lunch With Chris and Henry.

I had a delightful time. Chris and Henry picked me up at 12:30 so I could take them out for lunch at the Riverbank in Mill Village. On Monday, Anna and I stopped by at their house so I could invite them out for lunch. They accepted my invitation and as we were leaving, Henry asked if we would like to see his newest project which h was in his workshop. It turned out to be an old motor sitting in all it's glory with all brass parts shining bright along with the copper. The motor looked like a gem. He bought it for $100. in filthy condition. He took the whole thing apart and cleaned every part. And he put it back together. Henry thinks he will build a boat for his wonderful little motor. We three enjoyed our lunch on Thursday. They bought the blue house at Scott's Bay five years ago. They have made major improvements to the house plus building a free standing garage and workshop. And they have worked hard with the community, volunteering their talents to several organizations. They are a welcome addition to this town. I have been with them at several social events but never talked with them both at any depth so I was pleased to have the opportunity to pick their brains. We drove home along the shore road which is always a treat for me. I have enjoyed my system of inviting friends out to lunch, providing they will pick me up. Thursday lunch was definitely a hit.

No comments: