Saturday, August 17, 2019

August 17, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Liverpool Farmers Market.

We started the day at the market by eating a croissant, baked by the French Baker. The coffee was delicious too. I sat on the seat of my calker enjoying breakfast and watching the scene at the Farmers Market. The place is charming. Vendors have roofs formed into a large square, with the sand box and swings at the center and many picnic tables spread around. I counted 16 vendors, selling a bit of everything. Then at 10 our Mersey Band began playing. Everyone sat and stood around enjoying the music and visiting. The place was charming. Lots of children and dogs along with the older set too. I can walk perfectly well on level ground but on grass I must hold an elbow, or use the walker. I am independent with a walker so today we took one for me. I was able to wander around seeing each vendor, then walk to the end of the park to see the car show. So many antique cars, some of which we drove ourselves during the day. With the Hank Snow Tribute and the Car show in town, Liverpool was hopping. While I was sitting by myself listening to the band, a very young child was keeping the beat to the music. He was perhaps 2 years old or younger. While I listened, I watched the children on the swings with the grandmothers pushing them. The whole scene was beautiful and charming. I met most people I know in Liverpool while listening to the band. Soon Wendy and Clausen along with Pat and Mal returned from the car show, which was at the far end of Privateer Park. Today was my first visit to the Farmers Market this summer, but it will certainly not be my last.

No comments: