Tuesday, August 10, 2021

August 10, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Afternoon Tea.

Almost nothing pleases me more than being invited for afternoon tea. Friend Mary Mac. called yesterday to invite the three of us for afternoon tea. I accepted immediately, even though Wendy and Ken were away for the day. The event always seems so civilized. And there are several other aspects of taking afternoon tea that appeal to me. I like the limited time period. We were invited for 3:00 and I knew we would be driving home by 4:30. Secondly, the entertaining by the hostess is easier than serving a whole dinner. So I enjoy going to an afternoon tea party, first because it will not take too long and secondly the hostess has not been slaving for hours in the kitchen. Our tea this afternoon did not disappoint me. When we arrived at 3:00 I could see fancy cups set out on the coffee table. Wendy had not seen Walt and Mary since our 50th anniversary so introductions were in order. Then we sat in the living room while Mary went to make two pots of tea: one herbal for Wendy and me and one regular for everyone else. I could see forks on the coffee table so I knew goodies were coming along with the tea. While the tea was steeping in two big beautiful new tea pots, Mary served us her carrott cake which was delicious. And we sat and ate our cake and drank our tea and talked. The event was lovely. And we did not overstep our boundaries. We were in the car heading home by 4:30 after having an enjoyable afternoon tea with Mary and Walt.

No comments: