Friday, August 13, 2021

August 13, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Heat Advisory.

I live in Queens County in Nova Scotia. Last evening they issued a heat advisory. I received the information on my phone. Last evening, I set out a pair of shorts and a light top because I knew I would be walking outside in Liverpool, right besidethe Mersey River. But this morning I felt chilly so put away the shorts and capri pants. Anna and I completed our errands, then went to walk. It was really hop along the shore. Even though we were walking beside the river, we got no breeze. It was hot, almost too hot to walk. In town, there was indeed a heat advisory. But when we arrived at home at Western Head and opened the door of the truck, I was reminded again why I live at Western Head in Nova Scotia. The cool breeze waftd over us from the sea keeping us cool. Even though it was hot in Liverpool, at Western Head was a cool 73. After Wendy and Ken returned from their jaunt to Digby, Ken sat outside on the deck of the guest house, wrapped in a quilt to keep him warm. That was his idea of a good heat advisory Of course, the heat advisory in Mississippi is a real one. The temperature will be in the 90s all week. Once again, I feel fortunate to be in Western Head where I must wear a fleee jacket outside during the heat advisory in Queens County. Wendy watched the temperature in the car as they left Liverpool and drove home. Amazing to watch the temperture drop. And when they got home and opened the car door, the cool breezes made them happy to be home. And they smiled.

No comments: