Thursday, August 26, 2021

August 26, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Bowls and Blueberries.

Two things pleased me this morning when eating breakfast. First was the bowl. Wendy and Ken brought me a lovely little bowl from the french shore. Bear River has become a place for artists and artisans and they brought me this bowl the pattern called the Fundy Shore Bowl. The bottom 2 inches is blue, the color of the Bay of Fundy. The next inch is brown, the color of the mud flats at low tide. The rest of the bowl is cream color, the color of the air. The bowl is charming and I enjoy using it. The second thing pleasing me this morning was the blueberries I was eating. Wild blueberries arrived this week and I enjoy eating a big bowl every morning. The blueberries are nothing like the berries we buy in the grocery store. They are tiny, about the size of half your little finger. And they are suculent and juicy. I eat them with milk and wish I had cream in my fridge. But they are a treat. The season only lasts a few weeks. I buy a 5 pound box and keep eating and hope more will arrive. Last season, the Spring and Summer were so dry that we had no wild berries but this year they are as delicious as ever. Between my beautul new bowl and the fresh wild blueberries I was in hog heaven. They kept me smiling all day.

No comments: