Thursday, August 5, 2021

August 5, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Wendy & Ken.

Wendy has not been to visit Nova Scotia since our 50th anniversry here in 2008. And Ken has never been here, So finally they are here. And I was delighted to see them. It is a long drive from Ontario. When we first told my brother Dave that we had bought a place on the shore he called me back after he looked at a map, to tell me that we could not buy a place on the shore in Nova Scotia bcause a person could not easily get from here to there. And he was correct. It is not an easy drive. In addition, Wendy and Ken spent a day in Quebec City, which made their journey longer. But they made good time and spent the night in Frederickton and drive the rest today, arriving at 6:45. After a chat , they took their belongings to the Guest House and settled in. After a glass of wine back in the main house, we ate Anna's stew for dinner along with sourdough bread. The dinner was simple but good. Gill brought over half a ripe cantalope this afternoon which we enjoyed for dessert. After a short visit, they headed back to the Guest Hourse, their new home, and by 9:30 their lights were turned off. They were both tired. But they were happy to be here. "No driving tomorrow," they said. Tomorrow they will feel better, I feel sure. I am delighted to see the lights go on in the Guest House. And I will enjoy their company. I have not seen them since Mexico, in 2019. We will have a good visit. Wonderful Wendy and Ken are here. And I am smiling.

No comments: