Saturday, August 7, 2021

August 7, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Pond.

Today I received good news. The funny little man who sells fish and pond supplies, declared that my pond was perfect. "It is a natural pond,"he said. "The water is clear and the fish are healty. Do nothing with that pond". I was delighted. The first year after Ken died I asked Ivan of the Garden Center, to clean up the areas in the yard that Ken had planted, including the pond. He is the same man who made the sculpture of Ken. He does not like to do maintenance projects but he did it as a favor to me. And it looked better. But he pulled out the lily pads which had bloomed all summer for years. He said they were dead. Since then, grasses have grown in the pond so I wanted someone to check the pond. His name is Allen and we have been dealing with him for years. His business is just outside Shelburne. He knows everything about gold fish and on his property he has several good sized ponds full of different sized fish. He is a gold mine of information and we have enjoyed talking with him. Now this funny little man has told me that I must keep Ivan away from the pond. "Ivan knows nothing about ponds and fish," he said to me. The fish like the grasses. The fish are happy. All these words were music to my ears. I do not need to do anything except enjoy the pond. Lethergy is it's own reward.

No comments: