Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August 31, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Simple Pleasures.

1. Six fish are now in my pond which pleases both Anna and me. Where that fish was hiding for two weeks we have no idea. When Anna went to feed the fish yesterday she could not belive her eyes. But right in front of her eyes she counted six fish. Wow. 2. This evening at 6:45, I received a text from friend Mary Mac. to say that she was on the way to bring me chowder. I was delighted. I was intending to eat roast pork and mashed potatoes which I ate last evening. Anna cooked it on Friday. But eating chowder is a definate upgrade. And the chowder arrived hot so all I needed to do was pour it up. The chowder came with a small baguette. I ate two bowls of chowder and have enough for lunch tomorrow. 3. Two days ago I received a long newsy e mail from granddaughter Kate. She nuses at the University of Mississippi hospital which is crazy busy with Covid patients. She gave me stories of life at the busy hospital. And she told me stories about her cat. So I enjoyed reading and re reading her note to me. And today I read it again with the same pleasure. All my life I have been blessed with the simple things that happen that give me great pleasure. Many times the simple pleases last longer than the major events. Just these past couple of days are perfect example. And I am grateful for those simple pleasures in my life.

No comments: