Friday, August 6, 2021

August 6, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The First Day.

The first day is a good time to chill out and get your bearings in any new place. Wendy and Ken did exactly the right thing. They chilled out and stayed close to home. After breakfast and a visit, they headed to the grocery store while I had a pedicure. Then we met for lunch at the Quarterdeck restaurant for lunch. Anna was driving me. While we headed home, they visited the Fort Point Lighthouse and museum to learn a bit about the history of Liverpool, which I think is interesting. I put up my feet while Anna cooked our dinner of chili. Then we drove to visit Gill. She designed her own house and it is charming, with windows all across the main room overlooking the ocean. Her view is spectacular. They toured the house and folly while I enjoyed the view. Then we had a cup or herbal tea, which she had set out for us. She served us with good china cups and saucers brewed in a new large teapot. And we talked and enjoyed ourselves. Gill had a Zoom conference at 5:00 so we headed home. Next up, Ken did his laundry in the Guest House while Wendy and I talked. And they drank a glass of red wine. For dinner we ate the chili prepared by Anna along with sourdough bread. Fresh cherries for dessert. By 8:30, Wendy and Ken retreated to their own abode while I read my e mails, which I have not looked at for days. We all three enjoyed the day. Tomorrow they will drive to Lunenburg to see the Blusnose, which is at the docks. Today they were fully recovered from their drive. Today they will both feel even better than today. But today was a good day for all.

No comments: