Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15, 2010. Jackson, Miss. Night Driving.

"Next time we go out in the evening we are going to use my truck", said Ken last night while driving home. I picked Ken up at the apartment in my car. At that time the weather was pleasant and clear. I drove to our friends Wendy and Claussen's home for a drink, then we went on to a restaurant in Potomac. So far all was well even though the air-conditioning did not work. It was just before seven o'clock so the evening was beginning to cool so the car was not too uncomfortable.

But then the rains came down, and as we were leaving for the restaurant we got soaked. By now Ken is driving and turned on the defrost to clear the window, but as the air-conditioning did not work the foggy window just got worse. Next I turned up the temperature to heat up the window which meant we drove to the restaurant driving in a sauna, Ken complaining every mile. It was a funny scene and I laughed all the way. I will guarantee that we will never use my car again, especially when the rains might arrive.

1 comment:

dave buckley said...

Surely it really is time to replace that car???

Dave.