Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June22,2010. Jackson, Miss. My hair Cut.

I have had ridiculous haircuts in my past but never as bad as this one in Jackson. My hair has all been cut off. My hair is one quarter inch long all over my head. I look so odd that no one says a word about it. Of course, no one knows me very well here so everyone is being polite but I must say, I really look odd.

My hair was cut last in Nova Scotia. The young woman was new to me, but she left too much hair on top so it looked fine when I blew my hair dry but when I just wash my hair and leave it alone the top of my hair is full of curls that hang down in my eyes. After three days in Jackson I was fed up with curls so we stopped at the first place who would cut my hair. The little Japanese lady told me that she would give me a very stylish hair cut. I responded by saying that I did not need style, all I needed was a short and tidy hair cut, which of course is exactly what I got. She seemed pleasant enough but I must have irritated her because most of my hair lay on the floor.

The worst part was that she charged me more than I have ever even charged before for a haircut. But I am not complaining. My hair is neat and tidy and cool and it will take me at least six months before I have to pay another dime to have my hair cut. There are blessings for everything.

1 comment:

Royce Ann said...

Ha! Everyone's worst nightmare! They can shorten your hair...but certainly NOT your spirit : )