Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8, 2010. Chevy Chase, Md. House Tour.

Sara-Lou drove on tour today. The new homes for sale were interesting. In addition and perhaps as importantly, we had a good old gab fest. We have worked together for a long time, probably over twenty years, and we have travelled together many times. We are good friends. But our lives are complicated and complex so getting together is difficult. Today we spent two hours together and had a fine time, talking every mile of the way.

Today twenty years ago we moved to Long and Foster from Prudential. Regina remembers because it was her birthday today and she remembers the move very well. It has been a good run, working with Long and Foster. The agents have thrived. The lead players in the company are still in place, with Wes. Foster and Jack Queen, but a new President is now in place and another boss over Jack, so perhaps things will change. And of course my situation has changed dramatically since we first came to Long and Foster. David and Andrew were in College and Ken and I had just purchased Franklin Street. Now we wander around the world.

Today Sara-Lou and I visited four houses. Three open houses served lunch so between eating and talking to the agents the day was much like a party. I enjoyed it. Twenty years ago I visited every new office listing held open that day. Sometimes I would visit twenty homes. Such energy. Now we pick and choose and enjoy. The listings still sell now so I suspect all my efforts were really useless, but I did it anyway. It seems that we get too late smart!! Or perhaps I have just gotten lazy.

No comments: