Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 10, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. Singing.

For many years, whirling around my brain was the words of hundreds of songs. I knew all the words of hundreds of popular songs plus all the hymns and choruses I sang as a kid. Often, I could sing several verses of the songs we sang as Songsters plus many verses of the hymns. I even could sing several verses of Oh Boundless Salvation. But all that ended when I went loopy and lost my words. I also lost the words to all the songs. It took awhile to realize my loss and I did nothing to try to get the words to the songs back into my brain, because it did not really matter. The music was still there, perhaps because the music is in a different part of my brain. The result is that I know the first line of hundreds of songs, but nothing beyond the first line. When I walk the corridor, I sing the tune in my brain of some cheery upbeat tune suitable for walking. Then I make up the rest of the song. Some of the first lines also might be in error. One line I sing is "Singing along the highway of my heart". No one in their right mind would pen that line so I probably made it up. Another chorus I sing starts out "Happy now, I am so happy now". As I have no idea what comes next I put in lots of different things. It is all foolish but it keeps me amused. Perhaps the aging process has erased the words to the songs but I don't think so. It happened all at once. So I still sing in my brain, but the words are all new and many are ridiculous. But who cares.

No comments: