Friday, February 13, 2015

February 13, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta. An Ordinary Day.

Despite it being a Friday the 13th, we spent a perfectly ordinary and delightful day in our condominium. The day was overcast so no one went to the beach or the pool. Instead we sat on the balcony and read and talked and enjoyed each other. Rita is the only productive soul in the house. She is embroidering patches for a quilt she is making for herself. While we are busy reading, Rita picks up her needle to work. So far she will have completed 5 of the 12 necessary for the quilt. When all 12 patches are completed, she will lay them out and decide the colors for the strapping and the back. The rest of us use our devices to listen to movies or to read. I of course, took my normal three naps, but all for short periods of time. Tomorrow, I might resort to two naps for the day. Everyone tells me to rest but no one tells me how much. I just lie down when I am tired, assuming that the medicine works best when I am at rest. The only activity we had all day was when Don and Doreen walked to the market. Our meals were delicious and everyone was happy just being together. Of course, we are coming to the end of our time here but I am still astonished that we are all happy and content staying all day in our condominium. We 6 spent an ordinary but delightful day here in Playa Royale.

No comments: