Thursday, February 26, 2015

February 26, 2015. Jackson, Mississippi. Home!!

Finally, we are at home in our condo. Christina picked us up at the airport and we went directly to eat home made chicken soup and visit with the girls. In our absence, Christina has had two bathrooms redone and they look wonderful. Also they did some painting. Kate's bedroom is now a pale lilac color and the kitchen cabinets were painted too, so everything is looking great. I love projects. Mary Frances and Molly made cookies while Christina was picking us up so we ate fresh baked cookies for dessert. It was wonderful to visit with them and see their eyes sparkle. And we had another first tonight too. Christina drove our truck to the condo while Kate drove their van. Ken did not think it wise for us to drive after a travel day so they drove us home, with me driving with Kate for the first time. She is an excellent driver, I can report. Now I have put away my stuff and soon will go to bed. I have early appointments with the doctors. It is always wonderful to return home even if you have spent a pleasant visit in Mexico. But it is cold here. 36 degrees. I am going to bed to keep warm!!

No comments: