Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 11, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. What I Can Do.

My early upbringing has been a big help with my present situation. In our family, the focus was on what we could do. And we were grateful for what we had. I don't recall any complaints about where we lived or of the style of the furniture. The Salvation Army provided us with a house fully furnished and we were not to criticize or to find fault. We did not long for things we did not have, nor did we long to be able to do things we were unable to do. We just did the best we could with the talents we had. Right now, my life is constrained but my focus today has been on the things that I am able to do. I never pine for what I can not do. Dwelling on those things would only make me feel bad so I ignore them. This afternoon, while resting on my bed looking out the huge window to the sea, I listed in my mind all the activities I am able to do. The list is quite long, which surprised me. Just today, I did laundry. And I twice walked the outside corridor. My leg exercises I was able to do too. And I ate three meals, plus ice cream for dessert. I am able to talk with my friends and relatives and e mail messages to my e mail friends. And I can read. The list goes on and for that I am grateful. But my attitude started all those years ago from my Buckley Family.

No comments: