Thursday, February 12, 2015

february 12, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. Music.

The other activity I can do now is listening to music. You Tube videos are a great source of pleasure. This morning I listened to 90 minutes of The Marine Band playing Souza marches. I believe they have recorded all 136 marches that he wrote. The band is excellent, based in Washington, DC. It is a small band, 36 players, but each player is a superior player, and the total band is a joy. Each week I receive You Tube choices, all selected for my taste in music. I have great fun listening each week. In addition, on the side I can select other videos I might like. Of course, I like a lot of them from vocal to band and I spend a lot of time listening. Some weeks there are bunches of Salvation Army bands while today it was the Marine Band. You hear people speak of The Good Old Days, but when it comes to music, modern technology with music is wonderful. Here I can sit in my living room in Mexico and listen to one of the best bands in the world, using only my iPad. You must admit, it is a wonderful world.

No comments: