Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 8, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. Blood.

The system for ordering blood in Puerto Vallarta is different than at home. On Wednesday, we took two vials of my blood to the blood bank at the hospital. My Oncologist had called to set up the blood. On the way home, Doreen and I took a cab to the hospital. I waited in the taxi while Doreen took the samples to the blood bank on the send floor. The next morning, on the way to get the transfusion, we stopped again to pick up the blood, carrying it in a styrofoam box provided by the Oncologist. When we arrived at the doctors clinic, I received the transfusion. It took ten minutes after the transfusion began for color to return to my cheeks and scalp. It was amazing how speedy I came back to life. Up until then, I looked like a ghost. I can not recall ever receiving a transfusion of blood and I hope to never need it again, but it did the job.

No comments: