Tuesday, April 14, 2015

April 14, 2015. Madison, Ms. My Pedicure.

Clever Christina figured it out. I was told by the Oncologist and also in all the instructions to avoid crowds in order to not acquire infections, because during the treatments my immune system is not good. We have done a good job but that meant I did not go to get a pedicure even though cutting my own toe nails was difficult, especially when I was feeling badly. Christina heard me commenting about me cutting my own nails so she called the nail place to find out when the place is least crowded, which turns out to be when they are first open at 9:00. She made an appointment for me so this morning I was a happy camper. No one was there but me and the staff were busy and stayed well away from me. The lady doing the pedicure also massaged my legs an extra long time, which felt wonderful. The IV medicine has played havoc with my legs and they ache a lot, so the massage of my calves felt perfect. Christina's solution was excellent. Now I am happy, at least as far as my toe nails are concerned. It is interesting how often the little things in life bring pleasure. The pedicure did it for me today.

No comments: