Thursday, April 23, 2015

April 23, 2015. Madison, Ms. Exercise.

My solution to most everything that was wrong with you used to be to drink more water and get more exercise. It was a joke in the family. My background in Physical Education and Exercise Physiology led me down that path. If you did not recover from the extra water and exercise, you certainly needed to visit the doctor. Now I am taking my own advice. The medicine has left my legs weak and spongy and don't seem to be getting better on their own so I have decided to stress the system. My walker allows me to walk outside safely so starting yesterday, I am walking outside for 20 minutes morning and night. And I am drinking more water. I will go slowly as all the forced rest has left me weak but bit by bit I should be able to build up my strength. I might even start lifting light weights, but not yet. One of the side effects of this new medication is fatigue so I must be careful. The Oncologist wants me to be as active as possible but never to get tired, which is quite a trick. But here I go, ready to get my legs back. Of course it started by the medicine causing me neuropothy in my legs as well as other parts of my body. My function should return but I am betting it will return faster if the system is stressed. We will find out in 6 months whether or not I am correct. But for now, here we go with my walker. I am quite a sight.

No comments: