Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 29, 2015. Canyon Lake, Texas. We Made It.

Yesterday I started out driving. I drove on the Natchez Trace just so Suzanne could experience riding on that old trail. And I drove on Highway 20 heading west to Texas. After 90 minutes, Ken suggested that Suzanne should take over from me as he thought I needed a break. In other words, he was not happy with my driving which I admit can be erratic. Suzanne drove for an hour, when we stopped for lunch at a very nice Mexican restaurant. During lunch, Suzanne volunteered to drive again. It took the three of us a nanosecond to all agree so Suzanne drove another couple of hours. Ken still sees double out his left eye so we don't want him driving at all and I am not at my best so we were happy to have Suzanne drive the truck. Palistine, Texas was our home for the night. We stayed at a very nice Hampton Suites. I ordered in Pizza and we three enjoyed ourselves munching in our lovely suite. This morning we had 4 hours of driving ahead of us. Suzanne again volunteered and we did not demur. I was happy to turn over the helm. She declared that she liked to drive. Truthfully, she probably did not want to drive with either Ken or me so she kept the keys, which we appreciated. The drive was delightful but the best part was eating lunch at a good old fashioned Texas barbecue joint in Taylor, Texas. The food was delicious and was the first time Suzanne dined on Texas barbecue. We ate so much we ate only apples for dinner!! The lake house is nothing like Suzanne expected. After we arrived and I took a nap, we all sat on the deck and sipped a glass of wine and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the lake. This is a place we love so are pleased to share it with Suzanne, especially since she has driven us from Mississippi to Texas, almost all by herself. Hats off to Suzanne!!

1 comment:

Joe Rubin said...

Ah, the lovely lake house with great friends. Good for all of you. Wish I was there.