Thursday, April 16, 2015

April 16, 2015. Madison, Ms. Solving and Getting.

My legs have been giving me trouble. They have felt spongy with pins and needles most of the time and some times they ache. The Oncologist says that it is a side effect of the medication I had been taking. Over the past few months I was subject to legs not keeping still at night but only for a night every now and then. But things changed. All this week I would go to sleep around 10:00 but awake after three hours. After a trip to the bathroom,I would try to get back to sleep but my legs kept me awake. They hurt and would not stay still so I stayed awake the rest of the night. I even woke Ken up to rub my legs, which he did. At 6:30 I ate breakfast and after the painters came at 7:00, I went back to sleep for a few hours. Ken suggested I call the Oncologist's assistant Nikki, which I did. After consulting Dr. S. they prescribed a medication to solve the problem. The instructions were for me to take one pill and if it did not work, take two pills. I think they meant the next night. Last night at bedtime I took one pill and slept soundly until 1:30 but could not get back to sleep so I took the second pill, which was a major mistake because when I tried to get up at 7:30 I could not walk properly. So I went back to bed and stayed there all morning. I think the good doctor meant me to take two pills at the same time. It solved my sleeping problem but the way I took the pills brought me another problem. I slept the better part of the day. Those little pills are potent. So the question must be answered as to whether or not I will take a little pill tonight? I certainly will not take one at 3:00 in the morning. I do not wish to sleep all day tomorrow.

No comments: