Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June 17, 2015. Canyon Lake, Texas. The Lake.

The lake is big. There are no rocks showing on the shore and lots of trees standing in water. And it is raining…again. But the water is not as high as the fence and certainly not even close to coming close to the shed. The last time the river flooded about 10 years ago our shed was totally under water. All our power tools were stored in the shed along with the life jackets and fishing equipment. Much to our surprise, even after being under water for several months some object were useable, except the power tools. We can see a gazebo across the bay from us. During the last flood, it was also totally under water. We judge the water level of the lake by had far the water is from the gazebo. Right now the water is covering the base but is not even close to covering it with water. Dr. DeLeon is not pleased that we are leaving for Canada, especially because I seem unable to have any Oncologist oversee my care. He has agreed to monitor my blood counts but feels it essential for me to have blood drawn and checked every two weeks. Our plan is to fax him the numbers. Then he will respond with suggestions. My numbers are not good right now and we both hope that the one week off the Ibrance will restore my blood counts. We have dropped down in strength so we hope that does the trick. He did give me a prescription for anti biotics in case I have an infection. After a week on the medicine, if I am not well, I am to go to the hospital. So here we go, heading off with a wing and a prayer. The last thing he said to me this morning was that he will be pleased to see me back in Texas in September.

No comments: