Thursday, June 4, 2015

June 4, 2015. Harper, Texas. Neuropothy.

It runs in the family, according to Dr. Stotz. My father had diabetis as an adult. He did not develop neuropothy. He died too young, at 61. Most diabetics have some amount of neuropothy of the feet and legs. My brother has it in both feet and legs even though Dave is not a diabetic. And according to Dr. Stotz, I was developing it . The chemotherapy gives, as a side effect, troubles with legs and arms. So I got a double whammy. I was already at the early stages of having neuropothy when along came the chemotherapy. Now I have an advanced case. The solution is to keep using my walker and stop complaining. As the good doctor correctly commented to me, "You can not stop taking the medicine that has kept you alive, so do the best you can". My solution to most things is to drink more water and get more exercise. Evidently it will not work in this instance.

No comments: