Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 30, 2015. Western Head, N.S. The Garage.

The floor of the garage was built with heat so when the grandchildren played, they would be comfortable.   Our house has no play room so we wanted the garage to become a play space.  It has worked well.  We have two carpets plus two trunks full of toys ready for the children to play.  In the winter, we store the truck and the deck furniture but when we arrive, I move everything in place.  The problem this year is that I can not do it myself. so Mary and Gill came and helped put the garage into a proper order so it will be useful when the family arrives.

In addition, I asked them to move the trunks and the other objects to be placed so they would not need to move for the winter.  I will not be able to put things back either.   They are willing, efficient workers.  Now the garage is ready for the summer.   Once again, my friends have come to my aid.

I am getting good at asking for help.  When the East Link technician was going upstairs I asked him to carry up a basket full of clean clothes to our bedroom.  He said he was pleased to help.   And on several occasions I have asked total strangers the use of their arm to help me.  Now I keep my walker in the truck.  I guess my Salvation Army background has given me the ability to ask for help.   I have noticed that folks are very helpful, fortunately for me.  Now the garage is ready for the season, thanks to my friends Mary and Gill.

No comments: