Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 3, 2015. Harper, Texas. Blood Counts.

Tuesday I had two appointments with two different doctors offices. The first was to draw blood to determine my blood counts. Every week it must be monitored. What I want to know is what causes my blood to go up and down? Is it the rest or the good food that causes the numbers to be better? And is it the medication only that brings it down? Whatever the reason, my numbers were better this week than last so everyone was happy, including me. I have decided that it is the dark chocolate causing the good results. The next appointment was with the same young Eye Doctor that has helped Ken. I like him but he was not happy with my eyes. The glaucoma has impacted my left eye. So after figuratively wringing his hands, he gave me different directions with my drops. And I am now taking my drops six times each day. AND I MUST NEVER MISS. I promised. He said I actually was a candidate for surgery but with my immune system shot to hell there was no hope for a surgery any time soon. So I keep on with my routine of drops six times a day, plus the wetting drops in between. This is a full time job. My sister in law Wilma sent me a bunch of funny sayings. The one I like the best is "The key to happiness is to have a sense of humor and a bad memory". Seems like good advice to me.

No comments: