Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015. Harper, Texas. Selecting Hair.

My friend Jose mentioned that I would have fun seeing what kind and color I would have when my hair grows back, because as he reminded me, the hair always comes in a different way than before the chemotherapy. I have been pondering the question as to what I want in hair. All my life I have been happy with my hair. I was not one who wanted straight hair, or very curly hair. I was perfectly happy with what God gave me, except I streaked it light as I got older. Then I stopped streaking my hair because light streaks began to appear as I got older. Then all my hair fell out. But I have been thinking about my hair and have decided that I would like to have my hair grow back curly and red, so I could be Little Orphan Annie. Unfortunately, at the moment I have a quarter inch of fuzz on my head and the fuzz is not red. In fact it appears to be black. And it doesn't look like it will be curly either. I must wait and see. One of the side effects of my medicine, IBRANCE, is hair loss, so perhaps it will not grow back at all, at least not for the moment. But I have fuzz now on top of my head, which is quite a different look. I wonder how soon I can stop wearing my scrub hats when I go to town? I will defer to Ken. He has to look at me after all.

No comments: