Friday, July 13, 2018

July 13, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Planning.

The task is big. We leave next Thursday and return October 27. Our medications must be adequate to last the whole time, which is 101 days. But we are ready. A few days ago I made up Ken's pill boxes and realized that I was short three medications so I talked with the pharmacy. Because I had just obtained a 90 supply two weeks ago, they were required to ask the insurance company for vacation override, which was done. Today I picked them up so his medications are set in his case. I hope I counted correctly. My medications are ready too, except for my Ibrance, the chemo therapy. I must reive the last month of meds deliver to me while in St. Paul. As we are only there one day, it might get difficult. To celebrate our 60th anniversary, Ken and I booked a cruise down the Mississippi, leaving St.Paul October 9 and arriving in New Orleans October 23. We booked the cruise a year ago and for a while we thought we might have to cancel. But we are going. What that means is we must take a case each with us for clothes we will use on the cruise. I do not want to use clothes from Nova Scotia and have them end up in Mississippi so we are set with our cruise cases, which required careful planning as we are taking one small case each along with our even smaller bag for medications. Again, I hope I have remembered to take everything we need. My last task is to take the Mark Twain book from the bookcase and put it into my case. I intend to read Life On the Mississippi as we drift down the mighty river. My planning and implementing is now over.

No comments: