Monday, July 9, 2018

July 9, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Stupidity in Action.

How did she think she could get away with it without incurring consequences? I have been wondering and have no real answer except I think Kendria thought we were easy and would not pay attention to our accounts. When I confronted her with her behavior, she was apologetic and wanted to bring the money over on Thursday. But the damage was done. I never wish her in our home again, even though she was sweet to Ken. Last week, Ken received an e mail from American Express saying that his credit card had been used by a remote location. I contacted Am.Ex. They investigated and told us the $375. was paid to Watkins Auto Store. Neither Ken nor I had purchased anything there. I knew the wallet had been in my purse except the time I gave it to Kendria when I was not accompanying Ken for his clinic exercises. Ken only uses Amazon Prime when he orders on line, never his American Express card. Both Ken and I knew there was fraud involved but I never dreamt of Kendria. When I spoke to the accountant at the Auto store he told me that the payment was called in by Kendria Carter so I texted Kendria but she did not respond immediately except to accept responsibility and to apologize.. My next call was to Cindy, the company providing our helpers. Next call was to the Auto store and finally to Am.Ex. We will be reimbursed the funds but for Kendria, she has lost her job. The auto store had filed fraud charges with the police. When she eventually phoned, she was keen to bring over the funds on Thursday but it is too late. The damage was done. What on earth was she thinking? Had she come clean before I found out we would have perhaps allowed her to pay us back but she thought she was going to get away with it. After all, she made her payment on June 25. She must have been on pins and needles ever since. Ken said that was why Kendria was being so helpful and friendly the past few weeks. It is a fascinating store but a totally stupid act on her part.

No comments: