Wednesday, July 4, 2018

July 4, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. The Celebration.

The fireworks went on and on. The whole thing was beautifully done, with singers doing their patriotic songs with fireworks bursting in the sky, all behind the Washington monument. Both Ken and I enjoyed the whole concert, celebrating the birthday of the country from the Washington Mall. The concert lasts 90 minutes and moves along quickly from one group to the next. And PBS repeats the concert immediately after, just in case you missed the first part. Ken and I and the boys along with my sister Carol and her sons attended the concert at the Mall in 1976. It seemed to be a patriotic thing to do. We enjoyed the concert and the crowds and the fireworks. Everyone was orderly and had fun. But this years concert was better and bigger. And the fireworks topped any other year. I was happy to enjoy the concert in the comfort of our TV room. In our home it was 76 degrees. On the Mall in DC it was still 90. Great music, great wireworks with not a minute of boredom. Ken and I enjoyed the concert from the Mall. And we enjoyed the pictures of the monuments which are beautiful. I enjoyed visiting them all but I am happy to live away from the action. I enjoy the size of Jackson. Hats off to the folks organizing the concert. It was a top drawer production.

No comments: