Sunday, July 8, 2018

July 8, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. The World Cup.

This 2018 World Cup has been exciting. In years past, the teams seemed to play as to not lose so much play involved defense. But not this year. Great offensive plays and much action. The games were not boring a bit. I expected not to enjoy many parts of the games. I must admit that I never played soccer so the fine parts of the game escape me. I do not know a lot about strategy. But I know I hate it when the players kick the ball back to the defense. Time after time. I hate it. But this World Cup had plenty of goals and shots on the goal with many spectacular saves by the goalies. And I have been happy because the traditional powers are out. No Germany. No Spain. No Brazil. No Argentina. The four semi finalists are England vs Croatia, and France vs. Belgium. So we will have a new champion. Germany won last time four years ago. My question is who selects the songs the fans sing and how do they end up singing in tune? Both in the round of 16 and the quarter finals the English fans sang "God Save the Queen," time and again. Does everyone stand? And what are the other songs being sung by other countries fans? Is it also a national anthum? I need some knowledgeable person to fill me in with the details. This Gold Cup has been the best ever. All the commentators agree with me!!

No comments: