Thursday, July 5, 2018

July 5, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. A Pleasant Surprise.

Visiting the Apple store is not pleasant. First off, the place is always crowded. And when you arrive, you are greeting by a person who assigns you to a technician who will help. But first you must wait. When David and Suzanne took some of our things into the Apple store they waited thirty minutes. You can make an appointment on line but it is always for tomorrow or the day after. But I was desperate because my phone refused to take a charge. For two weeks my phone was not behaving. Sometimes it would charge and sometimes not. So I fiddled with it and used different cords. But I knew I was going to be forced to visit the dreaded Apple store. Last evening my phone gave up. This morning I was out of power with no way to get a charge. Kendria will drive me but we do not leave Ken alone so he agreed to come out for lunch, then wait while I tackled the sApple Store. I was expecting to wait so we had decided that Kendria could drive Ken home and come back for me when I called. I walked in and was immediately assigned to a young man. No waiting. I gave him my tale of woe. He checked my phone and told me that something was blocking the connector to the phone. He took a small tool from his pocket and removed lint from my phone. And like magic, the phone charged immediately. I was stunned. Ken and I both thought we would need a new phone. But no. It took five minutes and there was no charge. It was a very pleasant surprise. Today he Apple Store deserve a gold star.

No comments: