Friday, July 6, 2018

July 6, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Eye Drops.

The folks controlling the eye drop business are clever. Each little bottle of eye drops has a different color top so when the eye doctor tells you what to do with the drops, he called the drops by name but also by the color of the top. I have been taking eye drops for ten years and am used to the different colors. The system is clever. Whenever I visit an eye doctor, I come home with a sheet of paper telling me instructions for my drops, first the name of the drops followed by the color of the lid and then what eye. The system is clever and works well. Dr.Oh, who performed the last procedure on my right eye, must think I am daft. As you must know, I am often in error but never in doubt. Wednesday was a perfect example. The nurse asked me what drops I was using so I told her I did not recall the name but the bottle had a white top. She asked me if I was certain it was white. "Absolutely," said I. When the doctor came she asked me the same question and I gave her the same answer. Then the doctor asked me if the drops were milky white and I said yes. Then she asked if I was using Durozol and I said I did not think I was. She asked me again if I was using the milky colored drops and I said yes. Then I asked her if I had been using the wrong drops, but she said I was fine. And I came home. When I went into the bathroom I looked at the only bottle I had been using and it had a red top. Now the bottle was white but the top was definitely red. And I laughed. Both the nurse and doctor think I have lost my memory and am daft. Now I know. The eye drops I am using is red. Fortunately the doctor knew about the milky color so she figured it out but was too polite to say anything. I see her in November. I wonder if she will remember? I will certainly ask.

No comments: