Wednesday, September 19, 2018

September 19, 2018. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Traveling.

Ken is apprehensive. I am travelling by myself to Ontario where I will attend a family wedding. He thinks that an eighty year old who is half blind with a compromised immune system should not be travswelling alone. And he asks regularly if I am sure I will always be with someone in Ontario. I assure him that I will be fine. Certainly when I get to Hamilton when Norm and Diane pick me up I will always have a family member or another by my side. But he is nervous for me. And he wanted to be sure I have a return ticket which made us all laugh. I leave the house at 4:30. Mr. Gaskell will pick me up. Then the adventure by myself begins. My visit will be busy. I arrive at 10:06 which is why Diane and Norm are picking me up. I will stay with Dave and Irene, then on Friday we drive to a restored mill in Elora where we will stay two nights. All the festivities take place in and around the little town which I am told is charming. I am keen to visit my relatives and old friends and I am looking forward to meeting new people. I have observed that most young folks have little interest in talking with old ladies so I will be interested with the response. No matter what, I will have a good time. I have not seen Wendy’s new home, nor have I seen the new look at Dave and Irene’s home. Many years have elapsed since we were n Ontario so I am pleased to return. Ken will be well looked after by Katie each day and by Don and Doreen the rest of the time. Joyce and Tom will help too I am sure. The four are exploring Liverpool with a stop at the Visitors Center for maps and brochures. Then after our late lunch of seafood Chowder and a nap, I will be gone. But Ken will not be pleased. I return on Monday evening.

No comments: