Thursday, September 27, 2018

September 27, 2018. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Kenny and Anne.

Kenny and Anne and their grown children Eric and Elise attended the wedding in Elora, Ontario. I had not seen them since their visit in Mexico when they came for fun in the sun and ended up helping me and visiting Ken in the hospital. They were an enormous help and I will forever be indebted to them, so I was delighted to see them again. I had not seen Eric or Elise since the 55th and I found them both charming and elegant. In Mexico, Kenny and Anne spent a lot of time talking with us, as we were together so much of the time. We talked options for their life at sea. At the wedding I was brought up with the rest of their home sale and purchase. As of now, they are homeless. This Tuesday the movers did their job, Wednesday the cleaners came and today they attended settlement. Now they are living on their boat. In a month and a half they settle on their new purchase, which is a smaller house. The present owner will rent back for four months so they will take possession in five months. They have rented a storage unit for winter clothes. If living on the boat is too chilly, they will move into a garage apartment. They have made great strides toward their goal of retiring and traveling on the high seas. So far, they have done spectacularly well. They were strong sellers first. Then when they had a non contingent contract on their house they became strong buyers. They came up on top in all directions. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing their stories. Now I will watch with pleasure the next steps of their journey. Their goal is to be retired by January 1, 2020 and to be sailing the seven seas. I wish them well.

No comments: