Thursday, September 20, 2018

September. 20, 2018. Ancaster, Ontario. My Day..

What a day. My cup runneth over. I have gone from one highlight evenT to another. Irene set me up for the day by fussing over me Nd I loved it. From the time of my arrival, Irene has had everything ready for me and at breakfast she brought me crumpets and fruit and coffee. Marion and Gary and Diane came for a delicious lunch. Irene served us on the best china, silver and crystal. I had been served on those implements many tims, and they seemed to be old friends. We were sitting in the living room chatting after lunch, when the bride and groom, Katey and Brock came by to say hello, which was an unexpected surprise. Shortly after our late lunch, I went with Diane to see their renovation. We sat in their charming back yard and drank a cup of espresso. Norman and Diane are busy people and we always wish we could see more of them so for me to be able to chat with them was a real leasure. Their renovation is lovely and I was delighted to see it. Then we were off to Wendy for a barbecue dinner for the family. Tonight we used the chine that used to belong to my parents. When my mother died, the set was given to Wendy, who was the only granddaughter. And we used the silver that belonged to my parents too. It was a delight to use my mother’s dishes and to know both the China and the silver was in good hands. And for the first time I saw wendy’s New home. I had seen pictures and descriptions but nothing beats seeing a home in person. Norm and Diane were there, along with Alana, Dave, Irene and Ken B. Our dinner was delicious. Smoked salmon and vegetables on the patio and succulent lamb chops, rice and carrots for dinner. Blueberry pie for desert. Tomorrow, more members of the clan will gather for the wedding in Elora. Brock and his family arrived yesterday in Elora and tomorrow, the rest of the Buckley family will arrive from far and wide. The circle is growing but today, I got to get a head start. I feel privileged to be able to see my family members again...and the see them all doing well. I feel fortunate to be able to attend this family wedding in Ontario.

No comments: