Tuesday, September 25, 2018

September 25, 2018. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Wardrobe.

I travelled to the wedding with a small roll on case and a backpack. I planned carefully every event and garment. But a few things went awry. As I was coming down the stairs for lunch the first day at Dave and Irene's home, I felt my pants begin slipping down. I was wearing a top, pants and a jacket to match the pants. All seemed fine until I put my cell phone in the pocket. The guests were arriving. Clearly the elastic in my pants were failing. My solution was to untuck the top to put over the slipping pants and take the cell phone out of my pocket. All was well during lunch. The pants are now in for alterations. The next event was at Wendy's home. I wore a shirt with a silk sleeveless top over top, with black tight pants. When I saw a picture, I realized that I had put on the dress backwards. I had purchased at Lilithe in town and had not worn it before. The white was never supposed to be at the front. No one noticed and I never said a word. For the wedding ceremony I wore the same dress as our 50th anniversary. I brought it with me from Mississippi. It consists of a skirt and jacket but when I put it on, I realized that a blouse must have accompanied the outfit. It certainly was revealing when I put on just the jacket. Fortunately I used the same white shell top I had worn at dinner the night before. The white did not match but again, no one noticed. Now my question is where is the top that belongs with the skirt and jacket? For the wedding I was to wear a new silk dress the comes just belong my knees. As we were to be inside for the reception I thought a light dress would work. But the bride and groom requested pictures at the park at 3:45. It was chilly and I was fearful I would be cold so I wore the same black pants. The dress was never intended to use with pants but my solution was perfect. Again, no one noticed and I was warm. So my wardrobe worked. The clothes fit in my small case and nothing terrible happened. But it was a close call.

No comments: