Friday, September 21, 2018

September 21, 2018. Elora, Ontario. The Wedding.

I have never attended a wedding I have not enjoyed. Today was no exception. My wonderful Wendy’s daughter Katey was married this afternoon to Brock. He was the bee man at our 55th anniversary and we like him so I was delighted to attend their wedding. Actually their wedding consisted of two parts: today was the legal ceremony where the vows were exchanged. They wanted the ceremony to be intimate so for the ceremony they invited only 19 people which included the bridal party, parents and grandparents and grand aunt. They intended the ceremony to be in a lovely park. It rained so the event was moved inside. It was lovely and I was pleased to be a part of the event. My brother and sister in law hosted a dinner for them at the inn we are staying, which sits right next to the river and the gorge of the river. The room overlooking the rapids was beautiful and the dinner was enjoyed by all. The dinner was fun and festive. Tomorrow the circle will expand and we will celebrate again at a reception with the big group. I have no idea how many folks will be attending tomorrow but today was special for the bride and groom and their immediate families. Dave and Irene and I are staying in the Inn where the dinner was held. The renovations are spectacular and my room is gracious, modern and spacious. I am enjoying my stay here, all thanks to Katey and Brock who selected Elora as the site for their wedding. I do love weddings.

No comments: